Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine
Intermountain Hospital Group
LDS Hospital & Intermountain Medical Center
Salt Lake City and Murray, UT
- Position will report to System Wound and Hyperbaric Services Medical Director. Support will be provided by the Wound and Hyperbaric Clinical Operations Director, Area Would and Hyperbaric Managers, and Local Geographic Coordinators
- Physician will work collaboratively with nurse practitioners and physician assistants in both hyperbaric medicine and wound care
- The ideal candidate should have wound care experience and expertise, including administrative capabilities
- Fellowship training or experience beyond residency is required
- The Hyperbaric Medicine program is actively conducting research and the successful candidate will support educational and research activities
- Hospital employment with Intermountain Healthcare
- Competitive salary with additional pay for call
- Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match, and CME
- Relocation provided, negotiable
- Visa sponsorship is not available
- LDS Hospital
- Hyperbaric: Inpatient and Outpatient Care
- LDSH is the primary location for after-hours emergency hyperbaric treatments
- They currently have two monoplace treatment chambers with plans to replace their third chamber that reached life expectancy. Additionally, they have two monoplace chambers reserved for research.
- Wound Care: Inpatient and Outpatient Care
- LDSH has eight exam rooms and treats patients M-F, averaging 30-40 patients per day
- Inpatient wound care nurses see patients M-Sat
- Hyperbaric: Inpatient and Outpatient Care
- IMED Hospital has one monoplace chamber and a Fink 12-person multiplace chamber
- Weekend and afterhours treatments are scheduled as needed
- Wound Care
- IMED has fifteen exam rooms and treats patients M-F, averaging 60-80 patients per day
- Inpatient wound care nurses and therapists see patients seven days a week
- Staff Mix
- Wound Care
- In the Wound Clinics, we have physician, APC, and DPM providers
- Wound clinics also staff specialty-trained RNs and MAs for support staff
- We have inpatient nurses and therapists at both LDSH and IMED hospitals that are supported and directed by the wound care physician
- We utilize physician-supported telemedicine to support smaller community hospitals and select homecare patients within the Intermountain system
- The Podiatric Medicine fellowship operates out of the IMED wound clinic
- Certified Hyperbaric Techs and RTs are hired for chamber operations and patient care
- APCs are also staffed in hyperbaric for consults, patient care, and daily care management of the patients
- This role would see patients in wound care at LDSH 2 days a week and IMED 2 days per week. A minimum of one day per week will be in hyperbaric medicine. Hyperbaric call will also be included.
- Minimum requirement: UHMS approved 40-hour introductory hyperbaric course
- Preferred: Undersea and Hyperbaric Society BC/BE certification or CAQ. If not currently board certified in these areas or does not have the CAQ, this must be completed within two years of hire. Experience in clinical research.
- Call will be approximately 10 days per month
- Medical Director for Wound Care at LDSH/IMED under the direction of system-wide director
- Medical Director Services: 16 hours per month
- Scope: Medical Director will provide oversight for clinical program development for wound care, budgeting, policy and regulatory implementation, strategic planning, collaboration between LDS Hospital and Intermountain Medical Center. Medical Director will serve as collaborating/supervising physician for Wound Care’s Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs)
- Coordinates patient care, schedules, and education opportunities with the Medical Director for Hyperbaric Medicine
- Medical Director will provide medical direction for all wound care services associated with Hospital, emphasizing clinical quality process improvement matters and approval of standards and policies of these services. In conjunction with the appropriate IHCHS Credentialing bodies, Medical Director oversees peer review of all wound care physicians involved in the Hospital to ensure high standards of clinical and professional conduct.
- Conformance with Policies: Medical Director shall provide such medical direction in conformance with IHCHS policies and procedures established from time to time by IHCHS, applicable Joint Commission standards, and any applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Training: Medical Director shall assist IHCHS in the training of IHCHS personnel where appropriate, including in-service education, provided such training is within the scope of Medical Director’s expertise
- Quality of Care Utilization: Medical Director shall ensure that utilization and quality of care studies are regularly performed in accordance with IHCHS policy and accreditation standards.
Intermountain Healthcare Information
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible®. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the sixth consecutive year, Intermountain Healthcare was named as one of the "Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare" in 2018 by Becker's Hospital Review.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salt Lake Valley is the heart of the state of Utah, which is one of the fastest growing states in the country. The Salt Lake City/Ogden area was ranked as the best place to live in North America by Places Rated Almanac. Salt Lake is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within an hour’s drive of nine world-renowned ski resorts and within a day’s drive of five national parks. Along with these recreational attractions, there are many cultural and sporting events. There are performances by the Utah Symphony, Ballet West and Pioneer Theater Company as well as a renovated theater that offers Broadway plays. The Sundance Film Festival and the Park City Art Festival are nationally recognized events held in nearby communities. The NBA’s Jazz, ECHL Utah Grizzlies hockey, the Salt Lake Bees, a triple-A baseball team, and Real Salt Lake City, a major league soccer team, all represent Salt Lake City. The University of Utah is also in Salt Lake City.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
Attn: WILF RUDERT, Physician Recruiting
84107 – Intermountain Medical Center
84143 – LDS Hospital